The objectives of the Bhasha Trust are:
- To undertake Study of Indian Languages, Literature, Culture and Arts and to undertake activity to promote the Arts, Literature, Languages and Culture in any part of the world.
- To undertake ethnographic studies, cultural studies, comparative studies, sociological analysis, demographic reports of marginal, nomadic, indigenous and such like communities in any part of the world.
- To organize seminars, workshops, discussions, conferences, exhibitions, displays, projections through digital media, e-archives and dissemination of publications of surveys, reports, dissertations, monographs, CDs, resulting out of such activities in the interest of public benefit, education, information and such like in all or any part of the world.
- To undertake surveys, fieldwork, critical and historical studies of Indian Arts, Literature, Languages and Culture in their main-stream, popular and Folk-forms.
- To stimulate and create awareness among the citizens for the preservation of tribal languages, art-practices and imaginative life of tribal communities in India.
- To undertake pilot conservation projects.
- To hold workshops, seminars, public lectures, exhibitions and festivals of art and literature related to tribal art and literature in India.
- To obtain and render assistance and cooperation to local authorities, State and Central Governments, and other bodies, universities, institutions and individuals for achieving the objectives of the Trust.
- To collaborate with national academics of art and literature and research institutions engaged in the area of tribals related imaginative activity for the purpose of undertaking or encouraging research in tribal art and literature.
- To establish a campus for creating an institutions for the promotion of tribal languages, literature, arts and culture with a view to initiating formal education in the area of conservation of tribal imagination.
- To consolidate the Adivasi Academy as an integral component of Bhasha and to generate intellectual, academic and funding support for continuation of the objectives with which the Adivasi Academy was established by Bhasha.
- To assist, facilitate, collaborate with or to carry out for Government and non government organizations responsibilities to mitigate natural disaster or calamities affecting communities and cultures and languages mentioned above.
- Generally to do everything to promote and take forward the above objectives and to receive funds, donations and grants from Government and Non-Government Oranisations in India and in other countries so long as the donations, grants and funds received do not implicitly or explicitly violate norms, rules and regulations of the Government in Gujarat and in India.
- To institute awards, prizes, scholarships and fellowships at State and/or National level for achieving the objectives of the Trust.
- To give grants, subsidies, and/or loans to other institutions/individuals for the furtherance of the objectives of this Trust.
- To recommend fresh areas as and when identified by the Board of Trustees.